Advanced Energy to Acquire Artesyn Embedded Power
- Creates a $1.3 billion premier power conversion company with global presence and scale across critical technologies and markets.
- Expands AE’s addressable market by 3x through the addition of new growth verticals.
- Targets annualized synergies of over $20 million in 18-24 months and over $40 million long-term.
- Expected to be immediately accretive to non-GAAP EPS and to accelerate projected earnings growth.
Advanced Energy Industries, Inc. (Nasdaq: AEIS), a global leader in highly engineered, precision power conversion, measurement and control solutions, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the Embedded Power business of Artesyn Embedded Technologies, Inc. (Artesyn EP) from Platinum Equity. The total consideration for this transaction will be approximately $400 million.
Artesyn EP is one of the world’s largest providers of highly engineered, application-specific power supplies for demanding applications. As a trusted technology partner to original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), it serves multiple attractive growth markets, including hyperscale data centers, telecom infrastructure in next generation 5G networks, embedded industrial power applications and medical power for diagnostic and treatment applications.
“We are excited by this highly strategic acquisition of Artesyn EP, transforming Advanced Energy into a highly diversified, pure-play power house with a global platform for accelerated earnings growth,” said Yuval Wasserman, president and CEO of Advanced Energy.
Compelling Strategic Benefits
- Creates a premier global power conversion company with enabling critical power technologies and over $1.3 billion in annual revenue, based on 2018 combined historical results.
- Triples AE’s addressable market to $7.5 billion by adding new attractive growth verticals in hyperscale data center, 5G wireless, industrial and medical technologies.
- |Strong strategic fit with complementary technologies, product portfolios and core competencies in highly engineered, application-specific power solutions for key OEMs in demanding applications.
- Broadens and diversifies Advanced Energy into multiple, stable growth verticals and customers.
- Accelerates earnings growth with over $20 million of expected annualized synergies, driving projected earnings accretion of over $0.80 per share in 18-24 months and targeting to reach long-term accretion of over $1.50 per share, on a non-GAAP basis.
“Artesyn EP fits perfectly into our diversification strategy by adding a broad set of new growth verticals, industry leading power technologies, deep customer relationships and a world-class team. AE’s semiconductor customers will also benefit from the expanded capabilities, broadened product offerings and increased stability and scale. With the anticipated immediate accretion and future synergies of this acquisition, we are positioning AE for accelerated profitable and sustainable growth,” added Wasserman.
“We believe our Embedded Power business will substantially benefit from the combination with Advanced Energy,” said Jay Geldmacher, CEO of Artesyn Embedded Technologies. “Together with AE, we form a consolidated platform with a synergistic and complementary product portfolio, which expands our industrial business into semiconductor markets and provides our existing customers access to new technologies. Our combined core competencies, innovation and operational infrastructure can generate profitable growth, creating value for all stakeholders.”