The Seagull XR8 Optical DSP is designed for optical interconnect of Hyperscale/enterprise data centers, Cloud service providers, wireless service providers, and high-speed data network applications.
Credo’s proprietary PAM4 DSP architecture minimizes die size and utilizes mainstream silicon process technology to deliver optimal cost, power, and performance for the next generation of optical modules. Pluggable optical modules with Credo PAM4 DSPs enjoy the lowest cost-of-ownership and industry-leading performance while using minimal power.
Seagull XR8 has industry-leading performance and low power dissipation. It is footprint-compatible with Credo’s Dove 200, enabling the option to design a common PCB for both devices, then selecting the optimal DSP to meet the application needs.
Seagull XR8 (CFD60801) is used in the next generation of low-power, high-performance QSFP-DD and OSFP optical modules that support 400GbE DR8 and FR8 applications with PAM4 modulation.
- DSP with industry-leading performance
- Adaptive CTLE and multi-tap DFE and FFE on line and host side receivers
- Multi-tap FIR filter on line and host side transmitters
- LOS and LOL detection
- Diagnostic features including pattern generators and checkers, eye monitor and loopbacks
- Optimized, compact firmware
- Low power dissipation
- Host Side: 8 x 53G PAM4
- Line Side: 8 x 53G PAM4
- Package Size: 11mm x 12mm
- Operating Temperature: 0o to 85oC
- Communication Interface: MDIO / I2C
- Process: CMOS
- Optical Modules: QSFP-DD and OSFP
*Credo Authorized Distributor