Subscribe to EDOM TECH Newsletter
DescriptionThe ST-ONE is the world’s first digital controller embedding ARM Cortex M0+ core, an offline programmable controller with synchronous rectification, and USB PD PHY in a single package. Such a system is specifically designed to control ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback converters to create high power density chargers and adapters with USB-PD interface.
The device includes an active clamp flyback controller and its HV startup on the primary side, a microcontroller and all the peripherals required to control the conversion and the USB-PD communication on the secondary side. The two sides are connected through an embedded galvanically isolated dual communication channel. By using a novel non-complementary control technique and specifically designed power modes the device allows to reach both high efficiency and low no load power consumption
The device is delivered with a pre-loaded firmware which handles both the power conversion and the communication protocols for USB-PD including optional PPS and electronically marked cable management.
A dedicated memory stores a default device configuration during factory process. The user can change or adapt this memory area to fit the final product specifications.
- ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback controller with synchronous rectification and USB-PD 3.1 PPS interface
- ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M0+ MCU with 64 kB flash memory for digital power control and USB protocol
- FW programmable secondary side MCU controls both synchronous rectifier and ZVS Active Clamp flyback on the primary side to improve system efficiency in every condition
- High switching frequency operations in companion with MasterGaN power stage allow to use small size magnetic components, including planar transformers
- Reinforced galvanically isolated dual communication channel compliant with IEC 62368:
- 4 kV pk transient voltage
- 9.6 kV pk 1min hipot type testing
- 6.4 kV pk 1s hipot production testing
- 800 V high voltage startup with integrated input voltage sensing and Brownin/out functions
- Active input filter capacitor discharge circuitry for reduced standby power compliant with IEC 62368-1
- Fully Integrated USB-PD PHY with 24 V tolerant protection, and integrated load switch driver
*STMicroelectronics Authorized Distributor