Subscribe to EDOM TECH Newsletter
MASTERGAN1 - High power density GaN
High power density 600V half-bridge driver with two enhancement mode GaN HEMTs
DescriptionThe MASTERGAN1 is an advanced power system-in-package integrating a gate driver and two enhancement mode GaN transistors in half‑bridge configuration.
The integrated power GaNs have RDS(ON) of 150 mΩ and 650 V drain‑source breakdown voltage, while the high side of the embedded gate driver can be easily supplied by the integrated bootstrap diode.
The MASTERGAN1 features UVLO protection on both the lower and upper driving sections, preventing the power switches from operating in low efficiency or dangerous conditions, and the interlocking function avoids cross-conduction conditions.
The input pins extended range allows easy interfacing with microcontrollers, DSP units or Hall effect sensors.
The MASTERGAN1 operates in the industrial temperature range, -40°C to 125°C.
The device is available in a compact 9x9 mm QFN package.
- 600 V system-in-package integrating half-bridge gate driver and high-voltage power GaN transistors:
- QFN 9 x 9 x 1 mm package
- RDS(ON) = 150 mΩ
- IDS(MAX) = 10 A
- Reverse current capability
- Zero reverse recovery loss
- UVLO protection on low-side and high-side
- Internal bootstrap diode
- Interlocking function
- Dedicated pin for shutdown functionality
- Accurate internal timing match
- 3.3 V to 15 V compatible inputs with hysteresis and pull-down
- Overtemperature protection
- Bill of material reduction
- Very compact and simplified layout
- Flexible, easy and fast design.
*STMicroelectronic Authorized Distributor